Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Module 8

RSS feeds terrify me - I will admit it.  As someone who has a compulsion to look at everything that comes my way, without adequate structure or discipline for doing so, I have avoided this tool despite having known about it and being able to see its benefits for some time.

It was good to review this tool as part of the Web 2.0 course - for educators it is of course important to maintain currency with some areas of development and research etc.  Personally I have been reliant on certain regular emails such as the BOS updates and a few professional newsletters to keep me informed, by way of trying to save my time and sanity.  However I will give Google reader a try now that I am studying again, using a limited number of pertinent research websites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment